14 Way to Create Joy at School
- Be kind to your friends - they may be with you the rest of your life!
- Be kind to people who are not in 'your circle or group' - everyone is equal and deserves respect and to be treated that way. Being judgmental about others will interfere with your success in life. (That means branding them as idiots, etc etc what words do they use now?!!) Be compassionate - it's the opposite of judging. Breathe before you do exams or tests... it will settle your stress and help you focus.
- If you are being bullied - stand up to the fear - bullies use fear to unnerve you. Learn to recognise fear - and not let it rule you. When you are scared - talk to someone you trust. Work out if you are scared of the imagination of what someone will do = or that they actually do.
- Find gratitude for something every day - say thank you a lot!
- Remember no one else is thinking about you! Honestly! They are too busy wondering what YOU are thinking about THEM to think about you!
- There is no failure - no matter what anyone says - they are learning opportunities!
- What story are you telling yourself about your self? Do you tell yourself you are smart or you are prepared or stupid and going to fail - cos what you tell yourself is usually the thing that happens! It's very important to say positive things to yourself always!
- Listen to your inner talk - what you say to yourself. Are you being kind to yourself? If not, who else will be! Give yourself a break and be the one person who is always kind to you!
- Remember, most people who criticize or sneer at you or make fun of you are doing it because THEY are insecure and want to drag you down to their level! Don't play down there with them - send them love and forgive them.
- What are you passionate about? It will give you guidance on what you want to do with your life.
- Be a good finder - no matter what happens or whom you meet - find something good about them or the circumstances. It’s a choice the way you look at your life - YOUR choice!
- No matter what anyone says, science says we CAN change! We can learn and develop - we can do better at things - we just have to focus, pay attention, repeat activities and thinking and then celebrate!